Air Duct Cleaning Services
Clean air ducts are the foundation for good indoor air quality and the overall health of your family.
Have a healthy, happy home by breathing clean, fresh and sanitized air.
Covered, behind your walls, and mostly forgotten, your air ducts are vital pathways that deliver warm and cool air throughout your home. Many homeowners don’t realize that since their air ducts are in nearly constant use, they continually accumulate dust, mold, mildew, debris, pet dander, and allergens throughout the year, causing poor indoor air quality, potential health risks, and increased energy costs.
Likewise, dryers are used almost every day, but their vents are rarely cleaned. Unbeknownst to many homeowners, that can be a major fire hazard.
At Carbon Valley Heating & Air, our professional Firestone air conditioning and heating contractors are dedicated to helping our clients keep their home’s as safe and comfortable as possible. Call us today to schedule air duct or dryer vent cleaning services, and we’ll be looking forward to assisting you.
Why Should You Clean Your Air Ducts and Dryer Vent?
Did you know in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually? Gross! You can remove years of accumulated dirt, debris and allergens with air duct cleaning.
Protect and Improve Your Family’s Overall Health: Indoor air pollution is a TOP 5 U.S. health risk, especially for those allergies and autoimmune disorders.
There’s money in the ducts! In addition to keeping your family healthy, how about some extra pocket change? Cleaning your air ducts and dryer vents improves HVAC system efficiency, reducing your energy costs.
Fire Prevention: Having your dryer vents professionally cleaned regularly not only saves you money in energy costs, it can help prevent a dryer fire in your home.
House Cleaning Doesn’t Stop With Your Floors.
While vacuuming and dusting may be a part of your cleaning routine, these basic methods invariably leave small amounts of dust and dirt behind. Household dust can contain mites, mold, mildew, pollen and animal dander—all of which is cycled through the central air system, which completely circulates the air in your home three to five times a day.
According to the EPA, levels of air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher than outdoor levels.
This consistent cycle of dust accumulation and redistribution can have serious effects on your home’s cleanliness and your family’s health. Constantly re-circulated allergens will irritate allergy sufferers throughout the year, even when their allergies are not in season (like pollen and weed allergies). Additionally, people with compromised respiratory systems may experience difficulty breathing in homes with high dust quantities.
You can significantly reduce the amount of dust in your air ducts, which can lead to a better indoor air quality throughout your home when you have them cleaned by Carbon Valley Heating and Air.
It’s Easy to Clean Your Dryer Vents and Air Ducts Simultaneously.
What happens when a dryer vent clogs?
- Significantly longer drying times – the airflow is blocked causing longer dry times.
- Trapped heat – heat is not being carried out of the exhaust. This is easy to test by either noticing steam coming out or waving your hand in front of the dryer vent to measure how much heat is escaping.
- Dramatically reduced dryer life – excessive heat and longer run times will ensure your dryer has a short life span.
- Increased risk of fire – the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them. The only thing worse than a slow dryer is this dryer.
How your ducts are cleaned does make a difference.
While important, a routine HVAC tune-up does not remove the accumulated dust, mold, dander, etc., that’s hiding in your air ducts. Proper removal must be done with special air duct cleaning machines.
At Carbon Valley Heating & Air we use the system that homeowners prefer three to one: the brush and vacuum method. Our system scrubs your duct work while it vacuums up debris. The system is portable, so there is no need to cut a hole in your duct work for hose access like other air duct cleaning services in Firestone. This means our expert technicians can clean your air ducts with ease and less mess.
Our Air Duct Cleaning Process:
- Inspect your air ducts to show you what you’re breathing. We also inspect the joints and junctions of your duct system. Any connections that are not sealed or improperly joined can cause your heated or cooled air to leak into your attic and/or crawl space. This also means your utility bill is higher than it should be.
- If cleaning is needed, we’ll start the process by removing all of your register covers and cleaning them thoroughly to remove dirt, grime and other contaminants.
- Next, our technician will feed a vacuum hose with a rotating brush head into your duct work – that’s where the real cleaning begins.
- After the ducts are scrubbed clean, we fog them with an EPA-recommended antimicrobial mist that leaves a pleasant mint smell behind.
If you’re looking for dryer vent and air duct cleaning services in Firestone, call Carbon Valley Heating & Air at 303-625-6840, or fill out our online request form.
- When Should You Replace Your Furnace Filter?
A dirty filter causes your furnace to work harder to heat your home. This makes your heating system inefficient and since a filter is designed to trap contaminants such as dust, mold, and dander, it can also hurt your health. When Should You Replace Your Furnace Filter? A clean furnace filter is crucial to your […]Read More
- 4 Ways to Control Humidity Levels in Your Home
It is possible for a home to have too much humidity. This is dangerous as it will encourage mold growth and bring on a whole bunch of respiratory problems. Plus, it makes you makes you more susceptible to allergies and asthma attack. Low humidity levels, on the other hand, can allow germs and viruses to […]Read More